Wednesday 27 March 2013

How to Use Hot Rollers

Hot Rollers give you soft bouncy curls, and add a ton of volume. They also don't tend to get as hot as a curling iron, so there is less heat damage. I like to use them when I'm a little short on time because they do most of the work for me. I can leave them in while doing my makeup or whatever I need.



For this look
Large Hair Clip
Goody Smooth Blend ceramic Hair Brush
Goody Fine Tooth Brush
Moroccan Oil
Herbel Essences Hair spray - Set Me Up
Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Instant Heat Hair Setter With Heated Clips

Tutorial

1) Prep hair with a heat protectant, and get rid of any tangles. It's best if you start with dry or slightly damp hair.
2) Separate your hair just above the ears, and clip it back out of the way.
3) Start by rolling the bottom section of the hair under. For a better curl, use pieces that are no bigger then the width of the roller. I used the the mid-sized rollers for this section.
4) Secure the roller with a pin or clip. And make sure the ends are tucked in. 
5) After you have applied rollers to the bottom section completely, separate another section just above the temples and clip it back.
6) Apply rollers to the mid section in the same manner as the first. At this point, I started using the large-sized rollers.
7) Unclip the top section and apply the rollers so they are facing  away from you. If  you have bangs, I would suggest leaving them out, because they will get a little to curly for most styles.
8) Leave the rollers in for at least 20 min, or until the rollers cool. The longer you leave the rollers in, the tighter the curl. When your ready to take them out, un-clip the rollers and let them gently drop into your hand. You want to avoid pulling on the curl.
9) Run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls and set them with hairspray.
Please Leave your questions, comments or requests below.
Or send me an e-mail at beautybysmittenkitten@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment